Our Commitment to Privacy
indoubt has a long history of respecting the rights of our supporters. We are committed to the development of policies, procedures and services that maintains these rights. We are doing more to protect your privacy and your right to control the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
The Board of Directors has adopted the Canadian Council of Christian Charities Seal of Accountability (CCCC) for the Protection of Personal Information, related Policies and Procedures.
Your Personal Information
We hold personal information about supporters to help us meet and maintain high levels of service. This information can include your name, address, telephone number, support history and any other contractual information. We obtain this information from you directly, and from any documentation necessary to be held on your file. We only collect what is absolutely needed. With your consent, we only collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
To understand your needs and to develop, offer and manage products and services that meet those needs;
To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
The responsibility for our compliance with the Seal of Accountability rests with the Board of Directors.
Here is a summary of the ten principles of the CCCC’s policy that our Board has adopted:
- Accountability: We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with the principles of our policies and procedures.
- Identity Purposes: Before or at the time we ask for personal information, we will identify the purpose for which it will be used or disclosed.
- Consent: We require your knowledge and consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to only the purposes we have identified to you.
- Limiting Use: Disclosure and Retention: We will only use or disclose your personal information with your consent (or as required by law). We will only retain your information as long as necessary to fulfill identified purposes.
- Accuracy: We will keep your information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Safeguards: We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Openness: We will make specific, understandable information readily available to you about our personal information policies and practices.
- Individual Access: When you request, we will give you access to the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You are entitled to question its accuracy, completeness and uses.
- Challenging Compliance: You are entitled to question the Privacy Officer about our compliance with any of these principles.
Non Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about website visitors whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about visitors’ means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to our Internet web site and we are not responsible for the content of any such linked sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
We collect and use non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how website visitors as a group use the services and resources provided on our site
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send visitors information they agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them
How to Contact Us
If you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information, or if you wish to review your information, or if you would like additional information regarding our privacy policies and practices please call us at 1-800-663-2425. In the event we do not hear from you, we reserve the right to imply your consent for the specified purposes, until such time as you alter your arrangements with indoubt.
At indoubt, we are attempting to be good stewards of the funds donated to reach others with the good news of the gospel and to encourage a closer walk with the Lord.
Thank you for your support in the past and we look forward to serving you until our Lord returns.